Workplace Campaign Resources
Thank you for including MaineShare in your annual workplace giving appeal. You have the unique opportunity to design a successful and fun workplace giving campaign that fits your company’s culture. Here is a simple checklist to guide your workplace giving campaign from year to year.
Before the Campaign
Look for MaineShare’s annual Confirmation Questionnaire. This will allow us to keep pace with any changes in staff, employee number, and materials needed in advance of your campaign. If you have not already completed this year’s confirmation, please use this link to do so now! 2017 Campaign Confirmation Survey
Download or Link to the following materials in order to update your online employee portal, or print digital versions of our materials as you need them. Forward this page to your communications or web team so that they can update your workplace giving pages with our most recent materials and information.
- MaineShare Logo (Please contact us at email@example.com if your communication team needs original artwork)
- MaineShare’s 2017 Campaign Page
- 2017 MaineShare One Sheet – Contains a list and short description of all organizations supported by workplace donors through MaineShare.
- 2017 Fillable PDF Pledge Form – (Load this to your online portal if you would like employees to complete, save as, print, and sign for payroll processing)
- MaineShare 3 minute Video (Pending)
- Workplace Poster
- Online Pledge Link (Pending) – Use this link if you prefer that Maineshare process your workplace pledges, and then send back to your organization a report of those pledges for processing. Please note that this submission process will not include an employee signature
- Incorporate our social media links into your campaign communications. MaineShare can be followed
Please be sure to review the campaign pledge form, and other campaign materials so you can answer questions from fellow employees.
Please also feel free to call MaineShare at 207-622-0105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are always happy to help!
Campaign Kick Off
Incorporate a presentation about the campaign into one of your regular staff meetings or invite staff to a special informational meeting.
Call MaineShare to schedule a presentation or to host a table hosted by either a representative of MaineShare and/or one of its member groups. The presentation can be very brief if needed, from 5-10 minutes. Hearing from one of our nonprofits is a great way to learn first-hand about the important work that MaineShare member groups are doing in Maine. With a speaker, you’re also allowing your coworkers to hear how workplace donations make a real difference to nonprofits. It can also be very effective to have one of your own employees speak about a nonprofit they support.
Personally hand out pledge forms to your coworkers. This increases the likelihood that they will participate in the campaign.
During Your Campaign
Send an email message promoting the campaign. We have sample emails and letters for you to use.
Display MaineShare posters in prominent areas.
Announce the campaign in your company newsletter or send an e-news letter to staff. We will be happy to send one for you to use. Contact our office to have one emailed to you.
Plan a special event to raise money for the campaign. Your event may be as simple as selling bagels or holding a raffle. Special events help raise the visibility of the campaign and may get more employees engaged.
After Your Campaign
Send thank-you notes to any campaign committee volunteers. (MaineShare will send thank-you notes to donors, but a thank-you from the campaign coordinator is also a nice touch!)
Complete the report form and return it along with all completed pledge forms and checks. You can request a drop box location to upload to, MaineShare, PO Box 2095, Augusta, Maine 04338.
If your report contains a large amount of cash and you would prefer not to mail it, please call 622-0105 to arrange for our staff to pick it up. Please try to return your report form by Thanksgiving.