Companies need strong communities to succeed.
Show you value the health and welfare of your neighbors by investing in vital and vibrant communities. Business of all sizes benefit from building strong communities.
Employee Engagement boost employee retention. MaineShare offers a range of employee engagement opportunities to consider.
Employees are proud to work for companies that care about what they value in the community. Adding new opportunities for your employees:
- Will increase employee participation and reflect your value of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Helps meet consumer demand for increased Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Provides a single point of contact between your business and over 40 statewide nonprofits working everyday for the people and environment of Maine.
- It’s good for business. Conducting a MaineShare campaign is an excellent way to demonstrate your company’s commitment to the health and future of our community.
Offering workplace giving does not require a cash investment from your company.
Take a moment to learn a bit more! How it Works!
- Complete this Employer Enrollment Form to let MaineShare know who the contact person is, when you want your pledge forms, and how many you need. MaineShare will then contact you to confirm that we have received your intention to participate.
- Establish a lead campaign contact at your company and then give us approximately 10 minutes at a staff meeting. We do a brief campaign presentation to talk about who we are and what we do.
- We will work with you and your human resources department to minimize your time costs and maximize community impact.
- If you are ready to move ahead with including MaineShare as part of this year’s campaign, please go to our Workplace Confirmation Form (this form takes about 15 minutes to complete) and update us with all of your current campaign and contact information.
MaineShare’s Annual Fundraisers Opportunities
This year, MaineShare is offering all of our Workplace Partners additional opportunities to encourage and support employee engagement.
The SpringShare – #thespringshare – May
Each year, MaineShare runs 2 larger giving day campaigns for our organizations. The first, The SpringShare, runs in May and encourages Mainer’s to participate and or host their own celebration of the Maine they love! We partner with an organization called GiveGab, who helps run giving-day fundraisers across the country. Visit www.thespringshare.org to learn more about this opportunity, where employees are invited to host their own celebrations, participate in our gatherings as volunteers or celebrants, or simply give online to earn points against a workplace dress down day or other credit for community engagement with your organization.
Get Outside for A Better Maine – #Go4Maine – July to September
During the Summer, MaineShare challenges our supporters to start outdoor adventure teams as they support MaineShare! This online challenge to enjoy Maine’s best time of year encourages people to build teams of friends, co-workers and/or family to meet for a swim, surf, sail, wheel, walk, hike, paddle or other fun outdoor activity as they raise a few dollars for MaineShare! Learn more at https://www.mightycause.com/team/Getoutsideformaine
Giving Tuesday – MaineShare – #Giving Tuesday @MaineShare – November to December
MaineShare does it’s best each year to participate in this annual global movement to support our 44 non-profits in Maine. On November 27th, this year, MaineShare participates in #GivingTuesday and gives 100% of all gifts to it’s member groups, distributed equally!
Your employees might, during this part of the year, businesses might provide a match, host an event, donate product; and employees might in turn host a potluck, dress-down or ‘silly sweater’ challenges with the goal of supporting over 44 non-profits at once – where 100% of the funds raised are divided equally amongst all MaineShare member groups and distributed to them in early January. Connecting #GivingTuesday in support of MaineShare as an activity at the end of the year makes employees feel great about their participation and contribution!