Campaign Coordinator Resources
Thank you for your work as the Campaign Coordinator! You have the unique opportunity to design a successful and fun workplace giving campaign that fits your company’s culture. Here is a simple checklist to guide you.
Including a MaineShare payroll giving campaign at your workplace is easy. Here’s all we ask of you:
- Distribute MaineShare’s pledge form and brochure simultaneously with other appeals. Most employers run their campaign between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
- Gather interested employees for a 10-minute briefing from MaineShare. We will plan this at time convenient for you. This may be done jointly with other workplace charities. Though not required, a personal appeal gives employees a better understanding of their charitable options –- and a chance to ask questions.
- At the close of your campaign period, please collect all completed pledge forms and return the white copies to us – along with your completed Campaign Report Form – and any cash donations.
- Transmit payroll deduction contributions to MaineShare on a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly basis. We track all designations and distribute funds to our member groups accordingly.
That’s it! A MaineShare volunteer or staff person will be assigned to your workplace to ensure that you have the supplies and assistance you need.
- MaineShare Logo
- Campaign Coordinator Handbook PDF
- Campaign Coordinator Handbook in flipbook view
- Campaign Report Form
- Employer Enrollment Form
- Pledge Form
- One page MaineShare Handout
Suggestions for a Successful Campaign
Before the Campaign
Review the campaign pledge form, and other campaign materials so you can answer questions from fellow employees.
Please feel free to call MaineShare at 207-622-0105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are always happy to help!
Campaign Kick Off
Incorporate a presentation about the campaign into one of your regular staff meetings or invite staff to a special informational meeting.
Call us to schedule a speaker – either a representative of MaineShare and/or one of its member groups. The speaker can be very brief if needed, from 5-10 minutes. Hearing from one of our nonprofits is a great way to learn first-hand about the important work that MaineShare member groups are doing in Maine. With a speaker, you’re also allowing your coworkers to hear how workplace donations make a real difference to nonprofits. It can also be very effective to have one of your own employees speak about a nonprofit they support.
Personally hand out pledge forms to your coworkers. This increases the likelihood that they will participate in the campaign.
During the Campaign
Send an email message promoting the campaign. We have sample emails and letters for you to use.
Display MaineShare posters in prominent areas.
Announce the campaign in your company newsletter or send an e-news letter to staff. We will be happy to send one for you to use. Contact our office to have one emailed to you.
Plan a special event to raise money for the campaign. Your event may be as simple as selling bagels or holding a raffle. Special events help raise the visibility of the campaign and may get more employees engaged.
After the Campaign
Send thank-you notes to any campaign committee volunteers. (MaineShare will send thank-you notes to donors, but a thank-you from the campaign coordinator is also a nice touch!)
Complete the report form and return it along with all completed pledge forms and checks to MaineShare, PO Box 2095, Augusta, Maine 04338.
If your report contains a large amount of cash and you would prefer not to mail it, please call 622-0105 to arrange for our staff to pick it up. Please try to return your report form by Thanksgiving.